Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Pre-Vegas Thoughts

My primary thought at the moment is how much of a bitch Baby is.

After that however, I have, as I'm sure all of you have as well, been spending a lot of time thinking about Vegas these past few days, hell, these past few weeks. I haven't done most of my work for this week, not because I couldn't but because I haven't wanted to, haven't cared, haven't been that worried about school when ultimate is occupying so much of my consciousness.

I think this focus and attentiveness is good. It feeds desire to win. It makes me think that we are a better team than we are, and if we think we are a better team, we push ourselves and expect ourselves to play like a better team. And FUCK, I think we should be a better team.

However, don't let the excitement about Vegas build it up into something it is not. This is our first tournament of the year. We are all still adapting to new positions, new teammates, new genders (in Craig's case). I can't wait to get out on that field and play, but it would be unreasonable for me not to expect to be rusty. Coming off a long injury and only a week being back, I want to do everything I can, knowing that I am not in the physical shape that I would like to be in. I hope everyone's approach is the same. We want to play the best ultimate and be the best team that we can be, but don't get down during or after this tournament.

Come Sectionals; Come Regionals; We will be ready.

Fuckin' Sweet.

-Jake

No comments: